NVQ 2356-99 Installing Instrumentation and Associated Equipment Units
301 Ensure safe site working
This unit is for: You if you work on electrotechnical systems and equipment as you will need to ensure that where you work on site is continually safe for electrotechnical working.
302 Diagnose and correct faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment
This unit is for you: If you diagnose and correct faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment, and need to take appropriate action.
303 Provide technical and functional information to relevant people about electrotechnical systems and equipment
This unit is for: You if you pass on technical or functional information relating to electrotechnical systems and equipment on which you have been working.
304 Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
This unit is for you: … whilst at work. The Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974, seeks to secure the health, safety and welfare of people whilst they work and protect other people against risks of health or safety arising from the activity of people at work.
312 Prepare to install instrumentation and associated equipment
This unit is for: You if you prepare to install appropriate instrumentation and associated equipment.
313 Install Instrumentation and associated equipment
This unit is for: You if you install instrumentation and associated equipment
314 Test, connect and inspect instrumentation and associated equipment
This unit is for: You if you test, connect and inspect instrumentation and associated equipment prior to commissioning.
399 Electrotechnical occupational competence (AM2 Assessment)
This unit is about: This unit is designed to enable learners to demonstrate ‘Electrotechnical occupational competence’ in accordance with approved industry practices and the current statutory and non-statutory regulations:
• The Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
• The current edition of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
• Health & Safety Act (1974)
• Building Regulations (2000)
• Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations
• Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations
• Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations
• Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
• Work at Height Regulations
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
• Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations
The outcomes and the assessment criteria of this unit underpin the electrotechnical industry’s competence requirements for qualified operatives in an installation or maintenance role.