University master's degree in Social and Public Policies at the UPF
Social and Public PoliciesUPF - Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Màsters Oficials
€15.770 - (R$51.858)
- Barcelona (Espanha)
- Créditos: 120
· Quais são os objetivos deste curso?
The goal of the Master is to train professionals capable of identifying the needs of society and who know the social, political and economic structures so that they can design improvement strategies for all areas. You will learn about basic methodologies in statistics, information systems and you will be trained in qualitative analysis and assessment techniques. The Master will allow you to carry out research in the area of policies for the workplace, work market, social space, dependents and senior citizen care, health and family services. You will be able to assess community needs and design social policies through institutions or the public administration.
· Público alvo
This master's degree is targeted at university graduates in the area of legal and social sciences who would like to work for the good of society. The course lasts two years and is taught full-time in person. Part of the Master is taught in English, so the student must be able to show proof of a good level of this language.
Official bachelor's degree or equivalent in Political Sciences, Health Sciences, Work Sciences, Law, Sociology, Economy, Psychology, Anthropology, History and other social sciences B1 English
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Qualitative analysis techniques
Active employment policies
Work market analysis
Basic theoretical knowledge.
- Social structure: state and regional areas.
- Political structure: state and regional areas.
- Economic structure: state and regional areas.
- Social and public policies in OECD countries.
- Design and programming of social and public policies.
- Assessment of social and public policies.
- Statistical techniques for social and public policies.
- National and international information systems.
- Analysis and definition of neccesity and vulnerability.
- Qualitative techniques for analysis and assessment of social and public policies.
- Sources of statistical information.
- Public administration.
- Public finance: public budgets, public contracting and accounts.
- Legal sociology and law.
- Pensions and other social transfers.
- Unemployment insurance.
- Disability and widow's pension.
- Social security in Spain, Europe and Latin America.
- Social impact of economic policies and employment policies.
- Changes in world production and its impact on employment policies.
- Work policies: evolution, direct salary, indirect salary and social salary.
- Analysis of active employment policies.
- International comparisons.
- Social cohesion and competitiveness in the EU.
- Behaviour of the work markets.
- Analysis of the work market from a legal point of view.
- Quality of the workplace, unemployment, social welfare and health at work.
- Environment: the relationship between the physical and social space.
- The city and quality of life.
- Economic globalisation and its impact on cities.
- Housing policies
- Health policies: the health reforms in Spain.
- Health policies: the health reforms in OECD countries.
- Public health policies in Spain.
- Public health policies in Europe.
- Public health policies in OECD countries.
- Primary healthcare
- Educational policies in Spain and in Europe.
- Primary, secondary and university education.
- Human capital theories.
- Economic, social and political dimensions of discrimination against women.
- Corrective policies regarding discrimination against women: comparative analysis.
- Family aid policies.
- Social services for dependents and senior citizens.
- Health services for dependents and senior citizens.
- Quality of life in old age.
- Poverty and marginalisation.
- Policies for the correction of social inequality: international comparative analysis.
- Voluntary and non-profit organisations in social welfare.
- European policies on social and community services.
- European integration and the social dimension
- Macro-economic policies and their social impact.