Short Story WritingCity University London
Preço a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Skills and Training
You will learn the skills and knowledge required to work with the short story form. In addition, you will also:
- Develop your creativity and critical thinking, as well as your editing skills.
- Practise a range of writing techniques from traditional approaches to more experimental methods.
- Receive professional feedback on your work from a published writer and editor.
- Gain insight into the writing industry, including publishing advice.
- Ideas and Inspiration
- Plot and Structure
- Voice, Dialogue and Point of View
- Genre + Short Story Workshop 1
- Editing + Short Story Workshop 2
- Publishing + Short Story Workshop 3
- Future Opportunities + Short Story Workshop 4
- To produce a short story in a style and genre of your choice.
- To understand how a short story works on different levels.
- To learn strategies for improving your short story writing.
- To practise using different fictional devices and techniques.
- To engage with your work and others’ work both creatively and critically.
- To experience short story writing as a combination of imagination and disciplined practice.
Teaching and Assessment
You will be assessed by three criteria: (1) your contribution to class discussions, (2) your in-class work and homework exercises, and (3) your submitted short story. Throughout the course, you will receive ongoing feedback from both your tutor and your peers.