Molecular Biology - MPhil - PhDAnglia Ruskin University
Preço a consultar
- Cambridge (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Conduct your postgraduate research in highly equipped surroundings, with the support of our expert scientists and full-time research assistants.
As the Cellular Pathology & Molecular Genetics Research Group, we’re pursuing innovative research into the molecular mechanisms that underpin the pathogenesis and aetiology of mammalian diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease and chronic myloproliferative diseases.
We’ve two fully dedicated tissue culture laboratories and a molecular biology research laboratory and have a wide range of interests and current projects. Here’s a brief summary:
- investigation of cryptic genomic biomarkers in human patients with myeloproliferative disease
- investigation into the mechanism by which human recombinant erythropoietin (rHuEPO) modulates glycoaminoglycan turnover in a nitric oxide synthase (NOS)-dependent porcine explant model of rheumatoid arthritis
- the molecular genetics of the melanocortin receptor (MC1R)
- the role of transglutaminase enzymes in cell cycle control and cell death
- cellular biology of natural products including drugs and antioxidants
- mechanisms underpinning glycation chemistry in models of oxidative disease states.
Within this setting we can offer you high-quality supervision and support, as well as a comprehensive package of research, subject and laboratory training.
We’ve our own dedicated laboratories and access to other facilities on campus. Here’s a brief overview of what’s available:
- tissue culture (developing cell transfection expression systems)
- different cell lines (Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts, HepG2 hepatocytes and CAKI-2 kidney cells)
- flow cytometry
- FISH - Fluorescence in situ hybridization
- PCR genetics (real time PCR and standard PCR)
- biochemistry (ie SDS page/western blotting)
- DNA sequencing facilities.