MidwiferyAnglia Ruskin University
Preço a consultar
- Bachelor's degree
- Cambridge (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Skills and Training
The role of the modern midwife involves a great deal more than just assisting at birth. Today's midwife works in partnership with a range of health care professionals to create an environment of holistic woman-centred care.
This degree adopts an enquiry-based approach to learning that encourages you to apply the lessons learned in the classroom to real-world situations, under supervision. It is designed to facilitate the development of theoretical knowledge and also critical thinking and problem-solving skills, skills that are essential to practising midwives.
When you graduate you will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to factors contributing to the physical, emotional and social well-being of the mother and baby.
- Systematically assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to best meet the various needs of mother, baby and family.
- Function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
Midwifery is a fast-changing area of healthcare and this course will equip you with the skills and abilities to practise not only as a competent midwife, but also to continue to develop and keep pace in an evolving environment.
Year one core modules
- Normal Midwifery Practice 1
- Normal Midwifery Practice 2
- Evidence-informed Midwifery Practice
- Infant Nutrition
Year two core modules
- Challenges in Midwifery Practice 1
- Challenges in Midwifery Practice 2
- Meeting Women's Needs: a Health Education Perspective
- Meeting Women's Needs: a Public Health Perspective
Year three core modules
- Emergency Midwifery Practice
- Professional Midwifery Practice
- Undergraduate Major Project
- Antenatal and Newborn Screening
- Substance Misusing Parents
A range of assessments are utilised during the course including essays, examinations, observed practice assessments, portfolio of clinical practice, and presentations.