Master in Teaching English as a Foreign LanguageFUNIBER
- A distância
- Campus online
- Envio de material didático
· Quais são os objetivos deste curso?
The overall objective of the programme TEFL is to provide a base for the development of the academic and professional skills required to teach English in any of the various teaching-learning contexts that exist. The aim thus being to complement professional practice with contemporary knowledge and insights, concerning the nature of foreign language learning and teaching, and to develop the perceptions, knowledge, resources and practical skills necessary to build on this theoretical base. The promotion of critical reflection is one of the aspects, which define the very nature of the project, and bridges the gap between a solid theoretical knowledge and its required practical application.
· Público alvo
The programme leading to the Master, Diploma or Certificates in TEFL is intended for: The programme aims to help practicing teachers, or those wishing to become teachers, address in an informed and principled way the issues and professional needs that relate to their own working environment. The type of training is thus developed to encourage the learner’s autonomy without losing sight of elements of constant but flexible interaction, tailored to the specific needs of teachers in professional development.
1.- Academic requirements: Master: BA Honours (4 years of university studies) in a field relating to Educational Studies, Languages or Social Sciences. Degrees in other areas will also be considered for admission on the MA programme prior to completion of the entry exam. If the candidate has ample experience in the TEFL field and holds an Ordinary degree (3-year degree), he/she may be admitted onto the MA course prior to individual evaluation by the Academic Committee.
When successfully completed the programme, the student will be awarded with the title of MAESTRÍA / MASTER EN LINGÜÍSTICA APLICADA A LA ENSEÑANZA DEL INGLÉS COMO LENGUA EXTRANJERA o de MAESTRÍA / MASTER IN TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE according to the University chosen.
O que se aprende nesse curso?
I.- SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Second language acquisition
- Teaching pronunciation
- Individual factors in the learner's development
- Observation and research in the language classroom
- Approaches to language in the classroom context
- Content & Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
II.- METHODOLOGIES AND MATERIALS IN LANGUAGE LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Methodological approaches
- Developing language skills in the classroom
- Materials and resources in EFL - design, creation, adaptation and evaluation
- Classroom management - techniques and reflections on practice
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Teaching English through Translation
III.- CURRICULUM AND COURSE DESIGN
- Tasks and projects
- Learning strategies
- English in the community
- Assessment and testing in the classroom
- Curriculum and course design - principles and practice
IV.- PRACTICUM & FINAL PROJECT