Male Urethral Catheterisation & Catheter ManagementCity University London
Preço a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
The workshop will include:
- Review of anatomy and physiology of the male urinary tract
- Infection control considerations in urinary catheterisation & catheter-management
- Prevention and management of complications
- Practical management of urethral & suprapubic catheters
- Psychosexual aspects of urethral & suprapubic catheterisation
- Facilitated practice of urethral catheterisation, using appropriate anatomical models/mannequins.
Teaching and Assessment
The session will include facilitated practice of urethral catheterisation, using appropriate anatomical models and mannequins. Practitioners and commissioners are advised that the module does not include any formal assessment of clinical competence - those undertaking the course need to be aware of their own professional responsibilities and that they may be required to undergo a period of supervised practice and formal assessment of competence, in their own clinical work-setting.