Leadership and Management: An IntroductionCity University London
Preço a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Skills and Training
- Understand elements of organisational behaviour and dynamics;
- Understand some contending management and leadership theories;
- Use theories of management and leadership to analyse a specific organisation;
- Understand how leaders provide vision and empowerment for organisations and individuals;
- Learn how to make meetings matter and use quality circles for action;
- Outline ethics and standards in corporate/public life;
- Understand 'the reflective performer': self-appraisal and setting targets.
Topics Covered:Lecture 1: You will learn the history of management theory.
Lecture 2: You will design and redesign the structure of a company to suit the needs of the business.
Lecture 3: You will develop an understanding of how to create a diverse culture in an organisation.Lecture 4: You will identify and practise techniques to build on your 'Expert Power'.
Lecture 5: You will practise your hands-on developing and creating a successful change programme.
Lecture 6: You will understand team dynamics to resolve group conflicts.Lecture 7: You will learn some key leadership theories and models.
Lecture 8: You will learn how to manage stress and build business networks.
Lecture 9: You will become aware of various ethical issues involved in leadership practices.Lecture 10: Here you will practise leadership skills in a workshop environment.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions, as guided by your tutor.