Introduction to English Law and Legal MethodCity University London
Preço a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Human Rights Law
- To understand the sources of English law and the English legal system.
- To understand the position of English Law in relation to the European legislation.
- To understand the impact on English law of the Human Rights Act 1998.
- To interpret a statute.
- To interpret a UK law report.
- To interpret a law report from the European Court of Justice.
- Parliamentary legislation law of equity
- How to find and read case and statute law
- The civil legal system
- The criminal legal system
- EU law
- Human rights law
- Advocacy and Tribunals
Teaching and Assessment
There will be a series of ten lectures, with scope for students to engage in class discussion on individual topics. There are no formal assessments though students will be invited to submit a piece of written work on a topic of their choice. In-class tests and student presentations are encouraged.