Inside Kenya. Development, Emerging Economies, and International RelationsUniversidad Pontificia Comillas
€2.450 - (R$8.292)
- Madrid (Espanha)
· Quais são os objetivos deste curso?
Basic subjects will be covered, such as: History of pre-colonial Africa; colonialism and its legacy; political development since the middle of the 20th century; the new constitution; traditional and emerging economy; microcredits; social and ethnic diversity; education and HIV; leadership and the role of women in society; diplomatic activity in Nairobi; human rights, international conflicts; refugees and displaced people; foreign investment in developing countries; the environment; energy; etc.
· Público alvo
Intended for final-year university students, postgraduates, and professionals connected to the fields of international relations, engineering, international economy, development, NGOs, sociology, history, health personnel, religion, social work, etc. All participants must have a high level of spoken and written English, demonstrate sufficient maturity and ability to adapt to the realities of a developing country, commitment and engagement with the program objectives. Previous international experience will be an asset, whether as a volunteer or any type of work in developing countries.
O que se aprende nesse curso?
- Organized by Comillas in collaboration with Hekima College.
- 36 teaching hours with lecturers and professionals who are experts in history, culture, society, politics, development, international relations, and emerging economies.
- Professional visits: Jesuit Refugee Service, AMREF, Nyumbani Organization, healthcare centers, Spanish Embassy, UN, USAID, Equity Bank, Iberdrola, EU Delegation, Voluntary Services Overseas, etc.
- Culture and civilization: Traditional Gospel Mass, National Museum, National Park, Karen Blixen Museum, etc.