Civil Engineering Structures (Nuclear Power Plants)City University London
Preço a consultar
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
In addition to the research skills module and dissertation, this course involves studying eight core modules and one elective module.
Some coursework assignments will require you to apply the theory that you have learned to specialised problems relating to the field of nuclear power plants.
- Introduction to Nuclear Energy
- Advanced Analysis and Stability of Structures
- Dynamics of Structures
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Design of Steel and Composite Structures
- Design of Nuclear Structures and Foundations
- Finite Element Methods
- Research Skills
- Earthquake Analysis of Structures
- Analysis of Steel and Concrete Structures for Blast and Fire Exposure.
Teaching and Assessment
The course is taught by staff from theSchool of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineeringwith contribution from industry experts, mainly in the form of lectures, but case studies and IT laboratory sessions and seminars are also used where appropriate.
Modules are shared between two ten-week teaching terms running from October to December and January to March. Although work for the MSc dissertation commences during the second term, most of the research work is carried out during the summer...