Cervical Screening - Preparation for PracticeAnglia Ruskin University
£9.250 - (R$35.560)
- Cambridge (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Cancer of the cervix is a potentially preventable disease and early detection and treatment may reduce the need for invasive surgery and decrease mortality rates
With increased knowledge, skills and understanding of cervical diseases, you can contribute to the overall success of the screening programme, by undertaking effective cervical screening, enabling rapid referral and treatment where necessary. This workshop will give you an overview of the NHS Cervical Screening Programme and the process of cervical sample taking. You'll be theoretically equipped to begin a practical apprenticeship in your clinical area and will be encouraged to maintain a competency log book in practice.
- Relevant anatomy and physiology
- Factors to consider before, during and after sample taking and associated findings
- Completion of relevant documentation and consent for sample taking
- Use of specula and use of models to demonstrate how samples are obtained
- Safe storage and transport of specimens
- Laboratory cyto-screening, screening results process and the significance and interpretation of results
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) triage