Certificate II in Hospitality Online CourseCourses For Success
Preço a consultar
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Food Beverage Service
Skills and Training
SITHIND001A (CORE) DEVELOP AND UPDATE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop and update knowledge of the hospitality industry, including the role of different industry sectors and key legal and ethical issues that must be considered by hospitality industry personnel in their daytoday work. This knowledge underpins effective performance in the hospitality industry.
- Seek information on the hospitality industry
- Source and apply information on legal and ethical issues
- Update hospitality industry knowledge.
SITXCOM001A (CORE) WORK WITH COLLEAGUES AND CUSTOMERS
This unit describes the performance outcomes, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills and knowledge required to work in the service industries. This is a core unit underpinning all other units involving interaction with colleagues and customers. Key required skills and knowledge for this role include meeting personal presentation standards, establishing rapport with customers, determining and addressing customer needs and expectations, dealing with complaints, working in teams and using appropriate communication techniques and mediums.
- Communicate with customers.
- Maintain personal presentation standards.
- Provide service to colleagues and customers.
- Respond to conflicts and customer complaints.
- Work in a team.
SITXCOM002A (CORE) WORK IN A SOCIALLY DIVERSE ENVIRONMENT
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to be culturally aware when serving customers and working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds. It requires the ability to communicate with people of different social and cultural backgrounds with respect and sensitivity and address cross-cultural misunderstandings.
- Communicate with customers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Address cross-cultural misunderstandings.
SITXOHS001A (CORE) FOLLOW HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY PROCEDURES
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to follow predetermined health, safety and security procedures. It requires the ability to incorporate safe work practices into all workplace activities and to participate in the organisation's OHS management practices. OHS legislation in all Australian States and Territories imposes obligations on employees to participate in the management of their own health and safety and that of their colleagues and anyone else in the workplace. They have a duty to cooperate with their employer's initiatives to ensure safety at work.
- Follow workplace procedures for health, safety and security.
- Follow procedures for emergency situations.
- Participate in the organisation's OHS practices.
SITXOHS002A (CORE) FOLLOW WORKPLACE HYGIENE PROCEDURES
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to apply good hygiene practices within a range of service industry operations. It requires the ability to follow predetermined procedures, identify and control simple hazards and take particular hygiene measures to ensure the noncontamination of food and other items that might put customers, colleagues and self at a health risk.
- Follow hygiene procedures
- Identify and prevent hygiene risks.
SITHIND002A (CORE) APPLY HOSPITALITY SKILLS IN THE WORKPLACE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to apply hospitality skills in the workplace. The unit integrates a defined range of key technical and organisational skills required by service staff to provide a range of organisation products and services to multiple and diverse customers.
- Organise and prepare for service.
- Provide service.
- Close down after service.
SITHFAB003A (ELECTIVE) SERVE FOOD AND BEVERAGE TO CUSTOMER
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to serve food and beverage to customers in a range of hospitality industry enterprises.
- Prepare for service.
- Welcome customers.
- Take and process orders.
- Serve and clear food and drinks.
- Close down after service.
SITHFAB004A (ELECTIVE) PROVIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide quality food and beverage service to customers in a range of hospitality industry enterprises.
- Coordinate, organise and prepare for food and beverage service
- Manage the service cycle
- Coordinate and complete end of service procedures.
SITXCCS002A (ELECTIVE) PROVIDE QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide quality service to customers in a range of service industry workplaces. It requires the ability to determine and address diverse customer needs and expectations, ascertain changes in customer preferences, establish rapport, deal with complaints and difficult service situations, use opportunities for promoting and upselling, apply knowledge of protocol and ritual for particular types of industry sectors and organisations, and systematically manage a clientele through rewards systems, databases, etc.
- Develop and maintain product service and market knowledge
- Provide a quality service experience to customers
- Deal with complains and difficult customers service situations
- Manage and use information about clients and customers.
SITHFAB010A (ELECTIVE) PREPARE AND SERVE NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to prepare and serve a range of teas, coffees and other nonalcoholic beverages in a range of industry contexts.
- Prepare and serve a range of nonalcoholic drinks.
- Use, clean and maintain equipment and machinery for nonalcoholic drinks.
SITXADM001A (ELECTIVE) PERFORM OFFICE PROCEDURES
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to complete a range of routine office procedures and activities, including writing simple correspondence.
- Process office documents.
- Draft written communication.
- Draft written communication.
SITXFIN001A (ELECTIVE) PROCESS FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to process simple financial transactions in a range of workplace contexts. Cash and other types of transactions are included in the unit.
- Process receipts and payments.
- Reconcile takings.