Building a Career in Adventure & Travel JournalismCity University London
Preço a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Skills and Training
The masterclass will cover a wide range of topics, including:
* Goal setting: to be paid to document awesome adventures and travels of other people and your own.
* Roadmap of a career in adventure journalism. Drawing from the tutor’s own experience, what are the key markers that will help you to develop the skills, experience and credibility to become an adventure journalist?
* Getting started: a blog - practice and portfolio, not an audience.
* Income and getting paid - journalism and other sources.
* Travels and your own adventures: Skills for travel and expedition.
* Developing your own writing style and finding your own voice.
* Finding subject matter and niches.
* An introduction to photography and video production.
* Online presence: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube – SEO.
* Marketing and self-promotion: sending your work to interested parties.
* Getting free stuff: PR support, working out what people want, and helping other people out - write it for free first.
* Getting commissions.
* Treating it like a business.
* Learn to live cheaply. Accept that you'll be skint.
* Commit 3 to 5 years. Most people quit before they're established.
Teaching and Assessment
One-day, seminar-style course. Study of case studies and examples. Step-by-step guide to the set-up of a career in travel and adventure journalism.. Worked examples – practice. Q&As throughout.