Adult Acute Care Level 7Anglia Ruskin University
Preço a consultar
- Cambridge (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Make safety and quality of care an essential part of your clinical practice. Improve your ability to continually revaluate and enhance care. Learn strategies to support improvements in acute care practice.
As a registered clinical practitioner, such as a nurse, paramedic or a midwife, who participates in the care of critically and acutely ill patients, you will want to study this course in order to:
- build on your understanding of the importance of patient care
- explore the concept of quality critical care (Department of Health 2005), and recognise that individuals have the right to specialist care, regardless of location or speciality
- learn how to care for highly dependent and acutely ill patients in a way that maps directly to NICE’s clinical guideline: 50 Acutely ill Patients in Hospital (2007), guided by the Department of Health (2009) competencies for acutely ill adults
- develop strategies for helping to improve acute care practice, so that safety and quality of care become embedded within your clinical practice.
Your success will be determined on the basis of:
- a 5,000-word analysis of care relating to a patient scenario and OSCE
- a series of related clinical competencies to level 7.
How you’ll learn
You’ll attend lectures and participate in skills workshops and scenario-based workshops. You’ll have opportunities to apply your new knowledge and skills within your specialty.