58645 Diploma in Site Carpentry Level 2Wakefield College
Preço a consultar
- Castleford (Reino Unido)
O que se aprende nesse curso?
Skills and Training
What you will study
A series of units covering the theory and practice of the following topics:
* Carry out first fixing operations
* Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
* Carry out second fixing operations
* Carry out structural carcassing operations
* Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
* Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
* Understanding construction technology
* Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
Maths and English are key elements of any full-time programme of study in College. If you do not already have a GCSE at grade A*-C in these subjects, you will need to attend sessions allocated on your timetable. These are varied and designed to cater for all ability levels. You will receive advice and guidance regarding the correct level for you.
Skills in Maths and English will support your full-time course, assisting you with assignment writing, research, job applications, presentations, managing your own finances and interpretation of data, to mention just a few. They will also help you in the future. Most employers are looking for ability in these areas and the majority of university courses require you to have Maths and English GCSEs at A*-C. This is why the development of Maths and English is so important, whatever your field of study.
How you will learn
The college workshops will enable you to develop your practical skills in this subject area. The theory linked to site carpentry is delivered through class room sessions where you will learn through a range of tutor led sessions, activities and study packages. All learning packages are installed on Moodle to support on line working.